Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Jdstew1234
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Apple tv Netflix problem

I keep getting error code 112 and the screen says " Netflix is currently unavailable" my father bought an apple tv for my parents bedroom yesterday and they got the same message once. My iPad also said I had two movies being streamed only when my father was using Netflix. I want to fix this
__________________
24" iMac 2.66 Ghz 4 GB RAM
iPod Nano (sixth generation); Apple TV 2
iPhone 3G; Samsung Focus WP7
iPad 16 GB WIFI
Jdstew1234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:56 PM   #2
Coulter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I've just started the have the same problem as well. Everything else works (youtube etc) but keep getting error 112 when i try and play a movie.

Sounds like its a problem with Netflix?
Coulter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 04:46 PM   #3
Jdstew1234
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulter View Post
I've just started the have the same problem as well. Everything else works (youtube etc) but keep getting error 112 when i try and play a movie.

Sounds like its a problem with Netflix?
I figured it out. I just reset my apple tv.
__________________
24" iMac 2.66 Ghz 4 GB RAM
iPod Nano (sixth generation); Apple TV 2
iPhone 3G; Samsung Focus WP7
iPad 16 GB WIFI
Jdstew1234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Cambot
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdstew1234 View Post
I figured it out. I just reset my apple tv.
I'm too late but I had the exact problem and the same solution worked for me. You can search the Netflix site for their error codes but 112 doesn't exist.
__________________
4GB Shuffle, 16GB Nano, 60GB Classic, 2006 Macbook, 32GB WiFi iPad, 32GB iPhone 4, home built PC, Apple TV (2ng Gen), Airport Extreme.
Cambot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:23 PM   #5
MattLafferty
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdstew1234 View Post
I keep getting error code 112 and the screen says " Netflix is currently unavailable" my father bought an apple tv for my parents bedroom yesterday and they got the same message once. My iPad also said I had two movies being streamed only when my father was using Netflix. I want to fix this
Figured I'd add my voice to what everyone is saying: I had the same error code for three days, then just unplugged TV and it was all set (after plugging it back in, of course!).
__________________
Blogging about tech & geeky topics at PhGeek.com
MattLafferty is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Tags
apple tv, atv2, internet, ipad, netflix

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with Apple TV and Netflix Jnesbitt82 Apple TV and Home Theater 8 Oct 24, 2014 04:31 AM
iPad: Netflix HD problem iPad Air dojoman iPad 29 Feb 15, 2014 05:43 PM
Another Netflix problem JoeShades Apple TV and Home Theater 0 Dec 3, 2013 07:52 PM
Audio problem - Netflix - Apple TV Teddi Apple TV and Home Theater 0 Aug 29, 2013 12:31 AM
My air video on netflix doesn't look good as iPad 2 netflix hthomas MacBook Air 2 Aug 15, 2013 01:19 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC