Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jan 8, 2011, 07:59 AM   #1
RobertL
macrumors newbie

Netflix AirPlay

Im trying to get the movie playing in the Netflix app on iPad to my televison using AirPlay and my TV. I found this guide:
http://www.9to5mac.com/26896/netflix-works-over-airplay

But it seems like my Netflix app has a missing button (see screendump)

I guess the missing button is my problem. I already tried to reinstall the Netflix app with no luck.
RobertL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:08 AM   #2
jclardy
macrumors 68020

As far as I know Airplay only works on Apple's built in apps. There is nothing in the SDK for third party developers to add airplay to custom video players.

It should work for audio only right now though. But Apple TV already has Netflix so it seems a little redundant...
Old Jan 8, 2011, 02:14 PM   #3
RobertL
macrumors newbie

I know that AppleTV already has Netflix. But im in europe and Netflix will only work on devices with US IP's, and as far as I know I cant setup an VPN setting on the AppleTV as I can on the iPad.

Thats why I want to get the Netflix app to run on AirPlay. It would be a lot easier than buying one of these: http://www.sabaitechnology.com/?Click=545
Old Jan 8, 2011, 08:53 PM   #4
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Not sure, but maybe if you jailbreak your iPad.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 04:12 AM   #5
RobertL
macrumors newbie

Thanks "From A Buick 8" but its already Jailbroken

Any other ideas? I dont get why the "AirPlay" or "Wi-Fi" button is missing.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:54 AM   #6
Lumpy05
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertL View Post
I know that AppleTV already has Netflix. But im in europe and Netflix will only work on devices with US IP's, and as far as I know I cant setup an VPN setting on the AppleTV as I can on the iPad.

Thats why I want to get the Netflix app to run on AirPlay. It would be a lot easier than buying one of these: http://www.sabaitechnology.com/?Click=545
You can only send audio via airplay from netflix right now AFAIK no video. Ill double check tonight when I get home.

I have had problems on both my ipad and my ipod touch with losing the airplay buttons. Rebooting the device has always brought it back. I have even restored both to see if that helps but it hasnt.
Lumpy05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:37 PM   #7
iPimpin
macrumors newbie

I don't have that button either. I just want to watch netflix and hear audio through my computer speaker hooked to my airport express. I don't see why this is "that" hard and doesn't "just work" sigh

Last edited by iPimpin; Mar 12, 2011 at 12:52 AM.
iPimpin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:25 AM   #8
levitynyc
macrumors 6502a

What's the point? Just use the NEtflix App on the TV and use the Apple Remote App.
levitynyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:16 AM   #9
big samm
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertL View Post

You should get a VPN router... It works great with my apple tv

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps