Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Hacks

Old Jan 8, 2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Simon70
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Computer can't recognise my jailbroken iPod Touch 4g...

The device in question is:

My jailbroken iPod Touch 4g running 4.2.1 and jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6b4 (Tethered of course)

When I first jailbroke it, it all worked perfectly and the computer could detect it. Now though I 'm using a new netbook for the first time. I know the computer must know some hardware is plugged in because when I plug it in and out Windows makes the usual "Device found/unplugged" sound. But I cannot find my iPod in /Computer and iTunes doesn't detect a thing however it does detect my sisters Shuffle. It won't charge either. The last time I synced it was at a friends house. He kindly let me Boot Tethered with redsn0w because I had just been on a flight and had to turn it off. It all worked well that time.

Forget about me using my previous computer, I no longer have that one. I would restore but the problem is I have photos I really don't want to lose in camera roll...and since the computer can't detect it I can't transfer them to the netbook. The only things that I have changed since my stop at my friends house are:

A case and screen protector
Some stuff downloaded from cydia

I really think it's the computers problem but I don't have any leads on that. Thanks for any help guys...I really appreciate it
Simon70 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 03:28 PM   #2
Mac Fan 4 Ever
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon70 View Post
The device in question is:

My jailbroken iPod Touch 4g running 4.2.1 and jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6b4 (Tethered of course)

When I first jailbroke it, it all worked perfectly and the computer could detect it. Now though I 'm using a new netbook for the first time. I know the computer must know some hardware is plugged in because when I plug it in and out Windows makes the usual "Device found/unplugged" sound. But I cannot find my iPod in /Computer and iTunes doesn't detect a thing however it does detect my sisters Shuffle. It won't charge either. The last time I synced it was at a friends house. He kindly let me Boot Tethered with redsn0w because I had just been on a flight and had to turn it off. It all worked well that time.

Forget about me using my previous computer, I no longer have that one. I would restore but the problem is I have photos I really don't want to lose in camera roll...and since the computer can't detect it I can't transfer them to the netbook. The only things that I have changed since my stop at my friends house are:

A case and screen protector
Some stuff downloaded from cydia

I really think it's the computers problem but I don't have any leads on that. Thanks for any help guys...I really appreciate it
This has happened to be before, and it was after I downloaded something from cydia that the iPod crashed and couldn't be recognized, then I turned it back on, deleted the newly downloaded package, and everything was fine. Hope this helps!
Mac Fan 4 Ever is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 03:11 AM   #3
Simon70
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Fan 4 Ever View Post
This has happened to be before, and it was after I downloaded something from cydia that the iPod crashed and couldn't be recognized, then I turned it back on, deleted the newly downloaded package, and everything was fine. Hope this helps!
Thanks, Ill try that later.
Simon70 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Hacks