Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nazzaman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Hey guys,

Ive been working endlessly to get my macbook air a1237 model (1.6ghz) working with plex to output 1080p to my tv with no stutter but no luck!

Ive got the new plex 9, snow 10.6.6!

It works fine on my macbook air, all 1080ps run but when i output via dvi to hdmi on my tv i get a constant jitter!

Any help?

Lord Appleseed

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2010
Apple Manor
Hey guys,

Ive been working endlessly to get my macbook air a1237 model (1.6ghz) working with plex to output 1080p to my tv with no stutter but no luck!

Ive got the new plex 9, snow 10.6.6!

It works fine on my macbook air, all 1080ps run but when i output via dvi to hdmi on my tv i get a constant jitter!

Any help?
Your Macbook Air doesn't have enough power to do that. I used to own a MBA 2009 which couldn't do it either. The current MB can, but not without getting a significantly louder fan.

nazzaman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
But how come it is able to play on the laptop? It plays fine on there but just cant output to tv?

nazzaman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Which plex version are you using? Also, do you have the exact same model macbook air - A1237? ( trn over ur mac to see)

nazzaman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Ahh! Lucky one! It makes a massive differnce-you have the nVidia graphics card rather than Intel! That carries all the load for HD, intel is rubbish

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.