Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snowcake

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2010
When i open the screen as far as i can, the moment i reach the end, i hear a click/creak from the right corner. This happens not always.

I also discovered that the hinge on the right side feel loser than the left side.
How? just push each side, and feel the difference.

Do you (guys/girls) have this to?!!

Thanks in advance,
John

Last edited:

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
Make an appt and take it in. Shouldn't be giving you problems that quickly. It NEVER hurts to ask. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

jace88

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Agreed. I just tried mine and it doesn't make a creaking sound (oh wait, I have the 11"). Only time it does is when I hold it by the black antenna when it's closed.

Either way speak to Apple.

Mike84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Making noises is normal and this happens to me. Now, the hinge being loose is something else.

Snowcake

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Make an appt and take it in. Shouldn't be giving you problems that quickly. It NEVER hurts to ask. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

It make no squeaky sound, just a click.

Making noises is normal and this happens to me. Now, the hinge being loose is something else.

The hinge is not that loose, just a little bit looser than the left side.
But do you mean that you have also the click/creak?

denture14

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2011
Squeaks

Yeah, I have the new 13" and mine is squeaking whenever I reach a certain spot on the hinge. It doesn't necessarily feel like its loose but it still annoying. I'm going to stomach it... I've been in the Apple store more than enough for the last couple of weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.