Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:52 PM   #1
johneaston
Banned

Pages - how to outline text?

I want the text to be grey and the outline to be black.

I can't change the colour of the text and I can go Format > Font > Outline with creates white text with coloured outline, but how can I achieve what I want?!

Also, how can I select text in a Pages document and quickly key through various fonts (the text changing as I do it so I can see how it looks). At the moment I can only do it in a rather cumbersome way of clicking each font in the Fonts window rather than just using the down arrow of the keyboard to whizz through them (like I always used to do in Word).
johneaston is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2011, 07:34 PM   #2
cookiesarecool
macrumors newbie

outlining!

there are lots of complicated ways to outline things, but I think the easiest is to use iMovie.

1. open iMovie. create a new project.
2. create a blank text slide.
3. type what you want the outlined text to say. click "show fonts" to modify colors, etc.
4. copy and paste back into pages!
cookiesarecool is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store