Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreyMatta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
England
I am looking at getting the Ultimate 11" in the next few weeks and I know it will be great for my needs but I am a bit of an avid StarCraft 2 player, on my MBP C2D 2.66 with the 9600GT i get about 25fps on medium settings at native res

Any of you Ultimate 11" owners playing Starcraft 2 on medium settings at native res and if so what performance are you getting.

I have seen a few YouTube videos showing gameplay but some can be a bit misleading.

Cheers for any info guys.

kyle.c

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2010
I am looking at getting the Ultimate 11" in the next few weeks and I know it will be great for my needs but I am a bit of an avid StarCraft 2 player, on my MBP C2D 2.66 with the 9600GT i get about 25fps on medium settings at native res

Any of you Ultimate 11" owners playing Starcraft 2 on medium settings at native res and if so what performance are you getting.

I have seen a few YouTube videos showing gameplay but some can be a bit misleading.

Cheers for any info guys.
Hi,
I play native med settings on my 13 1.86 4gb mba, so yours should be fine

foiden

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
Perhaps. But Starcraft 2 is fortunately more GPU than CPU intensive.

My Ultimate 13" MBA has a slower CPU than my 13" MBP 2009. However, just because it's the 320M versus the 9400M of the MBP, my graphic performance with all medium settings crushes my MBP 2009 with low settings. It's a world of difference. That 320M is surprisingly very SC2 friendly. Sure you can't do the High settings like a dedicated card could, but we're talking about ultra thin laptops here with no room for them.

GreyMatta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
England
11" at native res on the 320M should be good then

I would be so pleased if I could get similar performance to my MBP in OSX

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.