Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ruddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
Brasil
Hello guys !!!

Need some help from someone from Fort Lauderdale or near by !!

I will be travelling to Fort Lauderdale on Monday, 17th. I'm going on business and need my to take my computer with me to work on Tuesday.

Although I have a MBP, i'm planning to leave it at home and buy a MBA.

I know that monday 17th is holiday on the EUA and therefore I don't know if the Apple Store wil be open. Can someone help me with this ?

The Apple Store i'm planning to go is that on the "The Galleria".

Thanks a lot,
Ruddy

Nov 28, 2010
located
It seems to be open:
Monday, January 17, 2011

1:00 pm - 2:30 pm Going Further with iPhone 4 Hands-on Workshop Reserve
You’ve mastered the basics of iPhone and now you’re ready for more. Explore some of the advanced features of iPhone 4 and get plenty of tips and... Read more

2:30 pm - 4:00 pm Communicating with Mail and iChat Sign in
Workshop for One to One members only Learn more
This workshop is designed to get you familiar with your new Mac as we walk you through an in-depth overview of Mail and iChat. See how easy it easy... Read more

3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Meet Your New iPad
You’re up and running on your new iPad and ready to go further. Bring your iPad to this hands-on workshop, and we’ll show you tips and tricks, like... Read more

via http://www.apple.com/retail/thegalleria/

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
How much does it cost to phone the USA from Brasil?

Going the other direction, US to Brazil, it would cost me about $0.04 a minute (I just looked it up). Even if I'm put on hold or something, 5 minutes * $0.04 is $0.20. Admittedly, I have no idea what the other direction would be though.

Last edited:

Ruddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
Brasil
Yeap... Unfortunately here in Brasil we pay a lot of taxes...

To have an idea... a MBA base model is 1800usd !!! That's why I will buy mine in the EUA.

Skype is a solution for international phone calls...

But according to the page, the Apple Store will open on Monday, so I'll be fine...

Thanks a lot for those who helped !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.