Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandiLa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Hi, new here and am wondering if anyone has heard if there will another update to fix the toggle switch back to the way it was before the last update? I miss the old way, I hate my book constantly switching back and forth now.

Looks like a great forum, glad to have found you all.

Sandy

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Hi, new here and am wondering if anyone has heard if there will another update to fix the toggle switch back to the way it was before the last update? I miss the old way, I hate my book constantly switching back and forth now.

Looks like a great forum, glad to have found you all.

Sandy

If you double click the home button to bring up the multitasking tray, swiping across to the next panel should bring up an icon that looks like an arrow going around in a circle. Select that and it will lock the rotation like the switch used to.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
If you double click the home button to bring up the multitasking tray, swiping across to the next panel should bring up an icon that looks like an arrow going around in a circle. Select that and it will lock the rotation like the switch used to.

A FIVE STEP PROCESS involving software is NOT an adequate replacement for a one-step hardware switch ... especially when the iPad already HAS a fast mute feature on the volume rocker.

So while I doubt they will fix it because they have decided that it violates platform unity (which means that the switch as originally laid is inherently a design flaw), I don't buy any argument other than it is some brain-dead authoritarian move.

That said, I have no interest in jailbreaking so I am stuck with a permanently diminished functionality.

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK

Attachments

• settings.PNG
    settings.PNG
    135.3 KB · Views: 82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.