Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mongobongo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
Hello,

so I'm going on a trip for a few weeks and I'm not bringing my laptop. I am however bringing my iPhone 4 and plan to take quite a few pics with its built in camera. I am now looking for a good way to keep the camera roll backed up in case my phone is lost or stolen.

I was amazed to find that if I select more than one photo I cant send them to my MobileMe and If I select more than five photos then I cant email them. Am I missing something?

I dont expect to find a WiFi connection everyday so lets say that everytime I do, I have 30 or 50 new photos in my camera roll that i need to backup. Surely there must be a better way than to copy them 5 at a time and pasting them into emails?

Any advice?

kmullen

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2011
If you have a dropbox account, there's a free app called 'picbox' which uploads all your camera roll to a folder in your dropbox. It even knows which ones have already been uploaded to avoid duplicates. Maybe that will help?

modular

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
"image capture" in your applications folder will be able to do this.

edit.. oh you're not bringing a laptop :p

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
hmmm...why don't you just connect to your laptop via USB, then just copy the whole folder in My computer/Finder? No iTunes syncing necessary

drinkjuiceshelb

Suspended
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I usually just email myself or use my MobileMe account. I never keep pictures on my phone anymore because its so easy to upload and download off of a generic email account. I've heard dropbox is really good tool as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.