Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:40 AM   #1
ajayoct
macrumors newbie

After Fixing Front panel glass , LCD doesnt work

Hello ,

I Followed the iphone ifixit in replacing the front panel , and when i fix back the ribbons and booting I dont get the LCD display.

I can see ribbon 1 is LCD , i seperated the lCD from the glass individually again connected ribbon 1 of LCD to the phone also it doesnt work.I got no idea what to do now.

There was absolutley no problem with LCD before .

Btw my phone is ON now and Iam receiving calls but no display and the phone is "open" .

any ways to pickup call with out the screen?
ajayoct is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:43 AM   #2
chargit
macrumors 6502a

you need to try a full reboot by holing the home button and the on/off button at the same time. keep holding until you see the apple logo then let them go. if this doesnt work you either dont have something connected properly inside the phone or you messed it up.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:28 PM   #3
prestomusic
macrumors regular

ok, when I did the glass/digitizer replacement on my 3G, I had a simliar problem - connected it all up turned it on and there was display, but but no touch.
hmmm

I had purchased my replacement glass/digitizer from the web (non genuine) and after much f@cking around realised that the connector on the digitizer was faulty (height of connector was to small) and not seating properly and upon closing the unit up, was popping up just enbough so as to not make a proper connection. Eg, it looked like it fitted properly and it wasn't until I tried to close it up that it must have been popping off.

So, I cut up a little square piece of plastic and glued this on top of the connector which in effect gave the connector the extra padding (height) it required so that when I closed it up there was still pressure holding the connector onto the terminal. Turned it back on et voila... touch working.

Regarding your question, if you've installed the glass/digitizer properly I would've thought you should be able to pick up the call by sliding on the screen where the 'answer' call slider usually shows up. Probably a bit tricky to try doing this without seeing the screen.

If that doesn't work maybe something went wrong with the glass/digitizer replacement too...?

Last edited by prestomusic; Jan 12, 2011 at 11:34 PM.
prestomusic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:50 AM   #4
jamppa
macrumors newbie

hooray!

Thank you, you really saved my day!!!
jamppa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:27 PM   #5
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayoct View Post
Hello ,

I Followed the iphone ifixit in replacing the front panel , and when i fix back the ribbons and booting I dont get the LCD display.

I can see ribbon 1 is LCD , i seperated the lCD from the glass individually again connected ribbon 1 of LCD to the phone also it doesnt work.I got no idea what to do now.

There was absolutley no problem with LCD before .

Btw my phone is ON now and Iam receiving calls but no display and the phone is "open" .

any ways to pickup call with out the screen?
If you phone digitizer is working and hook up properly, you can answer the phone with out the screen. When you hear the ring, just slide at the lower section where you usually see "slide to answer" and you should be able to answer the phone call.
Crystal-RX is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting