Yes 1 50.00%
No 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:28 PM   #1
Appleind
macrumors regular

Apple TV Goes Green

Hi

I have the new apple tv connected thru HDMI to my Philips HD TV. My Apple TV automatically becomes green after some time. If I unplug and replug my HDMI cable it works fine. I have also tried replacing multiple HDMI cables but still the same problem. Does anyone have the same problem. Kindly help !!. Or should I return my Apple Tv to the store for a new one . I have attached the image
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	267210  
Old Jan 12, 2011, 03:17 PM   #2
swirlybee
macrumors member

It seems to be common problem with some Phillips and Sony tv's. Check out this thread for some possible solutions. Or maybe this thread.
swirlybee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2011, 12:31 PM   #3
Appleind
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleind View Post
Hi

I have the new apple tv connected thru HDMI to my Philips HD TV. My Apple TV automatically becomes green after some time. If I unplug and replug my HDMI cable it works fine. I have also tried replacing multiple HDMI cables but still the same problem. Does anyone have the same problem. Kindly help !!. Or should I return my Apple Tv to the store for a new one . I have attached the image
The latest update has fixed this issue for me

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Tags
apple tv, green screen, hdmi