Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone Chicago

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
first off, i'm not a developer nor do I know much about code and the current apple APIs...

my question is why isn't there an app for the iPad like a bar-style electronic Jukebox? Where you can set it out at a party or something and friends can queue up songs from a cool GUI like the bar wall jukeboxes by browsing thru artists or searching for songs and album covers??

Like I said, I don't know about the whole API stuff and what it can or cannot do, so maybe apps can't get access to the itunes library...but apps like djay do, so maybe it's possible??

any insight would be great...would love to see an app like this!

jgunn

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
first off, i'm not a developer nor do I know much about code and the current apple APIs...

my question is why isn't there an app for the iPad like a bar-style electronic Jukebox? Where you can set it out at a party or something and friends can queue up songs from a cool GUI like the bar wall jukeboxes by browsing thru artists or searching for songs and album covers??

Like I said, I don't know about the whole API stuff and what it can or cannot do, so maybe apps can't get access to the itunes library...but apps like djay do, so maybe it's possible??

any insight would be great...would love to see an app like this!

just use party shuffle in the itunes remote. you can also browse by covers. pretty straightforward

cegwynne

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2011
Ipad Jukebox

Hi there,

Late to the conversation here. If you're still looking for such an app please check out the link to my app coming out in a few weeks. This should be pretty much what you are looking for!

http://www.jukesterjukebox.com

-Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.