Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:54 AM   #1
lyngstad
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 turns off and keeps vibrating??

If someone calls and I put it on silent, it turns completely off and keeps buzzing and ringing? It doesnt respond to anything I do. The only thing I can do is hold the power toggle and home button in some seconds and it goes back to the home screen? What's the problem? This shouldn't be happening? It seems like a bug or something? Should I return the device to Apple?

Thanks for any feedback! :-)
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:57 AM   #2
Zac7
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyngstad View Post
If someone calls and I put it on silent, it turns completely off and keeps buzzing and ringing? It doesnt respond to anything I do. The only thing I can do is hold the power toggle and home button in some seconds and it goes back to the home screen? What's the problem? This shouldn't be happening? It seems like a bug or something? Should I return the device to Apple?

Thanks for any feedback! :-)
Did you by chance get water damage? I had a phone do this after being dropped in water. If that isn't it or thats not a possiblity try doing a reset, I think you hold down power and the home button for like 20 seconds till you see the apple logo. If that doesnt work go to the Apple store.
Zac7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:24 AM   #3
scaredpoet
macrumors 601

Check you water sensors. If they're red, well, there's your problem.

If not, take it in to an Apple store to have them look at it.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:26 AM   #4
BHP41
macrumors 6502a

If nothings happened to the phone then try doing a restore through iTunes before making a trip to apple. It's likely that they will try that first anyways. Try doing one from backup, if that doesn't work try doing one as new. If that doesn't work then I would go see apple and get it exchanged.
BHP41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone