Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2010
I ve bought the MBA 11 ultimate. My brother did too.

Both arrived on the same day, but mine cant stand still on a desk. Take a look at the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrOrCTsgMPQ

Two possibilities: My 4 MBA small "rubbers" are unaligned (I cant realise this through naked eye or even with a ruler), creating 2 different planes, or the chassis is curved, which seems kinda odd too me. I decided not to return the mba, sicne in Brazil it would take some weeks to get an MBA ultimate replacement, but now it seems the problem is getting worse (loosing more alignement or the chassis getting even more curved (!?)).

What is your guess? Did anyone get around this?

BigMacUBC

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
Both my 2009 and 2010 macbook airs did the same thing. As crazy as it sounds, I kind of just twisted/bent the sides with my hand. Usually just takes one try and it should sit flat.

Hold the two opposite sides of the air. bend down the side thats sticking up and it should work. Of course don't use too much force...

kory108

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
My original Macbook Air rev A had this same issue. I used a combination of physically twisting the device (as the post above describes) and filing down the rubber feet some.

InsanelyApple

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Best option is take it to an Apple Store, and see if they have a fix. If not, they'll probably swap it. Open it in the store to make sure the new model doesn't have the same problem. Good Luck. ;)

jace88

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Sydney, Australia
If it's new then there shouldn't be any issues. IMO just avoid using it and get it swapped by Apple. THis way you also won't need to worry about transferring data/programs across.

superego

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2009
If the chassis is curved, it will probably always returns back to floppy. That's why you should return it. You can twist the chassis to a certain effect, but usually it's only temporary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.