Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hello all, i would liek to know if it possible to change my .mac main email address and have one of my aliases as my main name? i am not sure if this is possible i searched on the .mac and could not find it.

steelgrass

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2005
Malaga, Spain
Solafaa said:
Hello all, i would liek to know if it possible to change my .mac main email address and have one of my aliases as my main name? i am not sure if this is possible i searched on the .mac and could not find it.

From account signup page :

"Your member name becomes the unique part of your .Mac Mail address as well as your HomePage URL. You cannot change your member name after your account is established."

bellis1

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2003
You can add...

You can add a new email address but it will be forwarded to your original address. I think this is a nice option because you can later delete those additional email addresses to quit receiving spams to that address. I usually use one ofr friends/work and another which I can periodically delete for non-trusted websites, etc. Just click on the preferences once you are in webmail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.