Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Jan 14, 2011, 05:12 PM   #1
raymond lin
macrumors regular

Help - iMac won't boot! Stuck on the Apple Logo screen!

I have Time Capsule and everything is backed up on there. My data is on a separate USB HD + Drobo, but for now I need my iMac to boot but it won't. It won't even get into the Desktop. Any idea how I an restore it? all the guides online says double click the Install Icon this and that...I would if I can get into the Desktop !

It is just stuck on the Apple Logo screen with the spinny thing, that stops spinning!
raymond lin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:38 PM   #2
wildwell
macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, this is usually the result of a hardware problem.

Is the computer making any sounds during the boot-up process, such as audible beeps or tones (indicating a RAM problem) or a clicking sound (indicating a hard drive problem)?
wildwell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:43 PM   #3
MacForScience
macrumors 6502

Have you tried booting from an install disc? If your issue is software this will work or if your HD is bad. I would also see if you can and then run hardware check on your machine.

Cheers

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X