Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:09 PM   #1
joms
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Top 5 Application to transfer IPOD to MAC for 2011

What would be your top 5 application to transfer IPOD music/video from IPOD to MAC (Except itunes)?

If you can give your reasons, so much the bettter. thanks
joms is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:33 AM   #2
YanniDepp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Senuti. You have to pay for it now, but the older, free version is here: http://wstein.org/senuti/

Since the older version was GPL, there's no restrictions on sharing it like this. I really wonder who actually buys the new version.
YanniDepp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:49 PM   #3
kuebby
macrumors 68000
 
kuebby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orange County
Well first off you can't transfer music from your iPod to iTunes, only the other direction.

Second, why do you need a Top 5 list when one program that works is all you really need to accomplish such a simple task. YanniDepp made the correct suggestion as well, you won't find a better program than Senuti for this. Just select the songs you want, click Transfer and they're transferred to your computer and automatically added to iTunes.
__________________
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
2.3 i7 rMBP / 32GB iPhone 5 / 160GB 7G iPod classic / 2G Shuffle
kuebby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 07:19 PM   #4
Anonymous Freak
macrumors 68040
 
Anonymous Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cascadia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuebby View Post
Well first off you can't transfer music from your iPod to iTunes, only the other direction.

Second, why do you need a Top 5 list when one program that works is all you really need to accomplish such a simple task. YanniDepp made the correct suggestion as well, you won't find a better program than Senuti for this. Just select the songs you want, click Transfer and they're transferred to your computer and automatically added to iTunes.
Well, you can transfer purchased items from an iPod to iTunes. Just right-click on the iPod and select "Transfer Purchases". If it is an item that requires authorization (video, app, audiobook, or old protected music,) you'll need to authorize it.
__________________

20" Aluminum iMac 7,1 (mid-2007, Santa Rosa,) upgraded to 2.6 GHz Penryn, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 4 TB total external hard drive
Anonymous Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 07:25 PM   #5
kuebby
macrumors 68000
 
kuebby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Freak View Post
Well, you can transfer purchased items from an iPod to iTunes. Just right-click on the iPod and select "Transfer Purchases". If it is an item that requires authorization (video, app, audiobook, or old protected music,) you'll need to authorize it.
True, I wasn't thinking of that, I figured he wanted to transfer regular mp3s or whatever to his computer.
__________________
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
2.3 i7 rMBP / 32GB iPhone 5 / 160GB 7G iPod classic / 2G Shuffle
kuebby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:36 AM   #6
Christopher387A
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanniDepp View Post
Senuti. You have to pay for it now, but the older, free version is here: http://wstein.org/senuti/

Since the older version was GPL, there's no restrictions on sharing it like this. I really wonder who actually buys the new version.
x2. Has saved my life a time or two when my hard drive crashed.
Christopher387A is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer Music from iPod to iPod (or iPod to Mac) (For Free)? SPNarwhal iPod touch 14 Jul 20, 2014 10:18 PM
Application to automatically transfer data? abhishekagarwal Mac Applications and Mac App Store 5 Jan 4, 2014 10:27 AM
HDD to SSD OS and Application Transfer Question sixteen12 OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 2 Jul 27, 2013 10:17 AM
iPad: Strange application top bar theme issue. lukejc1 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Feb 20, 2013 06:45 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC