Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Bigmoose153
macrumors newbie

Restricting What Movies Can Be Viewed

I have the ATV2, I'd like to be able to control what movies my kids can watch via my iTunes library. I can't seem to find a way to do this without a separate pc running iTunes with only kid friendly movies in the library.... Any ideas? None of parental controls within ATV2 seem to work, I think those are only applicable when renting movies
Bigmoose153 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:44 PM   #2
newagemac
macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I agree Home Sharing needs better controls of what is shared. It's not much better but you can have multiple accounts and iTunes libraries open on one computer and they show as separate libraries on the ATV2 so that's an option. As for the parental controls, they actually do work for your library. They still show up but it will ask for your password when you attempt to play them.
newagemac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater