Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #1
cinek2
macrumors newbie

apple being a pain in the... about iphone return

I want to return my iphone 6+ to apple. The box is not opened. I haven't even opened the brown box it came in. Filled out the return form last week and been told a courier will contact me within 48 hours to arrange a collection. 48h come n gone, still nothing. 72h... still nothing. Apple says they put a note on my return for the carrier to contact me asap but nothing happened.

Anyway, I'm out of the country at the end of this week and I need to return this iPhone to apple by the 9th october. I'm coming back on the 8th october so by the looks of it, it's not gonna happen. What can I do about this? Every time I call apple I spend min 20 mins waiting for someone to answer
cinek2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM   #2
appleii.c
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinek2 View Post
I want to return my iphone 6+ to apple. The box is not opened. I haven't even opened the brown box it came in. Filled out the return form last week and been told a courier will contact me within 48 hours to arrange a collection. 48h come n gone, still nothing. 72h... still nothing. Apple says they put a note on my return for the carrier to contact me asap but nothing happened.

Anyway, I'm out of the country at the end of this week and I need to return this iPhone to apple by the 9th october. I'm coming back on the 8th october so by the looks of it, it's not gonna happen. What can I do about this? Every time I call apple I spend min 20 mins waiting for someone to answer
Do you have access to a local Apple store? How about a carrier where the phone is connected to (provided you didn't buy the unlocked one)?

Last resort, eBay... you'll probably get more than you paid for if it's unopened... especially now that they are on a 1 month backorder.
Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM   #3
cinek2
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleii.c View Post
Do you have access to a local Apple store? How about a carrier where the phone is connected to (provided you didn't buy the unlocked one)?

Last resort, eBay... you'll probably get more than you paid for if it's unopened... especially now that they are on a 1 month backorder.
Yup I have an apple store near by. I asked CS if I could drop it off there but they told me it's not possible as the retail stores are separate from the returns etc. I got the unlocked version so can't go to my carrier.

I thought about ebay but at the end of the day I just want what I paid for it back. I'm not the biggest fan of ebay tbh
cinek2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #4
appleii.c
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinek2 View Post
Yup I have an apple store near by. I asked CS if I could drop it off there but they told me it's not possible as the retail stores are separate from the returns etc. I got the unlocked version so can't go to my carrier.

I thought about ebay but at the end of the day I just want what I paid for it back. I'm not the biggest fan of ebay tbh
Assuming you purchased it directly from Apple (I failed to ask that earlier) If it's not too inconvenient, I would swing by the Apple store. Take your purchase receipt and everything. My guess is that they will accept it there (they might just be wanting to go through the correct channels through support), or you will find someone in the store wanting a 6+ who will buy it off of you. It's a hot commodity now, you shouldn't have this much trouble unloading an unopened 6+.

Best of luck to you.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion