Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:42 AM   #1
Nobita
macrumors 6502

iTunes movie rental not downloaded

Hi everyone, I've just rented toy story in my ipad, but apparently it does not download

I tried syncing it to iTunes, but iTunes won't download it even when I clicked "check for available downloads"...

I tried restarting, hard restart the iPad, syncing iPad with iTunes, but nothing works... Can someone help me =(
Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:59 AM   #2
Nobita
macrumors 6502

OK, this is just nuts, a method described in here (http://discussions.apple.com/thread....7067&#12737067) works:

Quote:

Had same problem. Had to manually delete the partially downloaded file from my iPhone using iPhoneExplorer (freeware):

http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/

Download, install, and launch this app while your iPhone is connected to computer.
Go to ~/Media/Downloads
Delete any *.mp? and *.jpg or *.png files. Leave the manifest file intact.
Sync iPhone via iTunes.
Go to iTunes/Downloads on your iPhone and 'tap to download'; now it should work.

So it's downloading right now... fingers crossed it'll be finished or damn I'll have to repeat the whole thing again.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad