Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 15, 2011, 08:13 PM   #1
angelpeach838
macrumors newbie

iPhoto and External Drive

Hi,

I have an iPhoto library on an external hard drive (I cannot remember how I copied it over there) that I can wirelessly connect to on my home network. I have added thousands of pictures to the iPhoto library on my MacBook and would like to copy those events and pictures to the library on my hard drive. Any ideas? My husband and I should just use time machine, but we filled up our hard drive before realizing that in order to set up time machine, it has to wipe the hard drive, so that's not really an option. TIA.
angelpeach838 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:23 PM   #2
DockMac
macrumors regular

Drag and drop

I don't think there is an easy way to add the MacBook Book iPhoto library to an external iPhoto library.

You can drag and drop the entire library from the MacBook to the External drive via Finder. But that won't combine the libraries together. But at the very least, it will be on the External drive.
DockMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
copy, external drive, iphoto, move