Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cootersgarage6

Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
This is my second post with my problems with Itunes today, but it's ANOTHERRRRRRRRRRR stupid problem. (Starting to hate apple now, like I said, they are getting difficult and hard to use)
When I go to play a video on my itunes library on my mac, it just shows a blank screen and then the audio still plays. This happens to all my videos.... how do i fix this??

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

srgdavis

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2011
Wolverhampton, UK
iTunes black screen...

I've got the same issue! Only started today mind. It was intermittent to start with but now all purchased films, TV shows etc will only play audio.

Very strange?! The children need Peppa Pig... not sure how much longer I can hold out...:(

srgdavis

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2011
Wolverhampton, UK
iTunes black screen

This doesn't effect only purchased items - it's all video content through iTunes. The same stuff works with Preview or directly through Quicktime though??

khan1701

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2011
same problem

Same problem here that just started this week. If I switch the playback setting to play in an external window it will display the video. But only for one, the next video in the playlist is a black screen again. Switching back to playing within the iTunes window again fixes it for one video only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.