Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:02 PM   #1
dvdelich
macrumors newbie

itunes & apple tv problem

so here's the thing, I have just recently changed or updated my itunes library to be cleaner looking eg: changing artist names that are duplicates into just one artist such as "the beatles" and "beatles, the" to one or the other so my issue is that my apple tv does not see these changes I have made in my itunes library

how would one go about fixing this
dvdelich is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:21 PM   #2
The Mad Hatter
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdelich View Post
so here's the thing, I have just recently changed or updated my itunes library to be cleaner looking eg: changing artist names that are duplicates into just one artist such as "the beatles" and "beatles, the" to one or the other so my issue is that my apple tv does not see these changes I have made in my itunes library

how would one go about fixing this
I know on my ATV1, if I make changes in iTunes, I have to hit the 'sync' button for it to show in the ATV1's menu. Basically, do your edits. Then in the left pane of iTunes click on the the ATV you are syncing/streaming too. In the right window you should see a 'sync' button (lower right). Click on on that, and you should be golden.

HTH
Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:43 PM   #3
newagemac
macrumors 68000

On the ATV2, the changes are immediate. You should be able to make the change and instantly see it reflected on the screen with the media resorting as necessary. If you are using the original, you'll probably need to resync to reflect the changes.
newagemac is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater