Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Does anyone know where to find this wallpaper, I've fallen in love with it the very first time I saw it! I must have this wallpaper.

Attachments

• temple.jpg
    temple.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 4,816

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Has Apple ever released their stock desktop pics minus the blue backgrounds included with OS X?

Because many of the photos Apple uses for their backgrounds would be nice to have, this and the Aluminum Cinema Display backgrounds in particular. :)

If anybody knows how I could obtain them, please post!

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
applekid said:
Has Apple ever released their stock desktop pics minus the blue backgrounds included with OS X?

Because many of the photos Apple uses for their backgrounds would be nice to have, this and the Aluminum Cinema Display backgrounds in particular. :)

If anybody knows how I could obtain them, please post!

Try google, Apple seems to be using STOCK images. :)

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
I know that macdesktops.net has several of the demo backgrounds from the Cinema Displays and the PowerBooks. They probably don't have this one yet, but they do have most of the older ones.

Daniel

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
maya said:
Try google, Apple seems to be using STOCK images. :)

I've searched before. No luck. Maybe somebody else can do my dirty work and find it for us all :p

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
go to an apple store and comb through the iPhoto library on a demo machine. Most seem to have thousands on there. If you find it, email it to yourself! :)

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
You might want to try GettyImages or Corbis. I know Steve mentioned Corbis in the Keynote at MacWorld when doing a photo search in Spotlight. Does anyone know the keyword that would bring that photo up in a search?

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
Would that be contributing to the malfunction of a minor?

It is an asian building overlooking a river on a rainy day, come on now.

But the last Apple Store I went to, I thumbed thru at least 2000 photos in iPhoto, wouldn't be surprised if it was in there.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
tech4all said:
I think I found it. It may be called, Matsumoto Castle in Japan. Go to http://www.corbis.com and do a search for "Matsumoto Castle" (w/o quotes) do see photos. It's image/index number is, YM004415.
I think we do not want to know about carbonmotion's reaction when he sees this. ;)

Excellent find, BTW!

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
jsw said:
I think we do not want to know about carbonmotion's reaction when he sees this. ;)

Excellent find, BTW!

Thanks, I think image number is actaully, YM004420. They're both similar, but the cropping is more accurate to Apple's that the other one.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
tech4all said:
Thanks, I think image number is actaully, YM004420. They're both similar, but the cropping is more accurate to Apple's that the other one.
You're right - I hadn't scrolled down.

Too bad it's so freaking expensive to get a hi-res version....

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
tech4all said:

YM004420 is the one... + apple photoshopping it so make it lighter... and have the nice reflection off the water that the orig. doesn't have.

Also pricing is 'rights managed' so I gotta register... and blah blah.

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA
damn watermark.... grumbles

MrMacman said:
YM004420 is the one... + apple photoshopping it so make it lighter... and have the nice reflection off the water that the orig. doesn't have.

Also pricing is 'rights managed' so I gotta register... and blah blah.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.