Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alinux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
hello to all,im new here
i have iphone 3g and i used redsnow to install the ipad baseband 6.15.00 after the install the phone was stuck on apple logo
now i cant restore any firmware
i tried to restore a CFW with snowbreeze for 4.2 or 4.1,it installs but it wont boot,also i get a itunes error and i used recboot to kick it from recovery,but still no use
any options please ?

alinux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
can some 1 please help me ? i dont know what to do or how can i fix this

Kyleiphoneuser

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2011
Iknow how to do this

okay i had the same problem , took me days but i figured it out, okay make a sn0wbreeze software then install it then when its stuck on boot logo turn it off by holding both buttons then plug it into redsn0w and flash the baseband but when you choose a software choose the normal one not the sn0wbreeze one then once its all done you just start it up go into cydia and install something called ultrasn0w , that then unlocks the phone :D:):D

alinux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
okay i had the same problem , took me days but i figured it out, okay make a sn0wbreeze software then install it then when its stuck on boot logo turn it off by holding both buttons then plug it into redsn0w and flash the baseband but when you choose a software choose the normal one not the sn0wbreeze one then once its all done you just start it up go into cydia and install something called ultrasn0w , that then unlocks the phone :D:):D

thanks ill try tomorow :)

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
hello to all,im new here
i have iphone 3g and i used redsnow to install the ipad baseband 6.15.00 after the install the phone was stuck on apple logo
now i cant restore any firmware
i tried to restore a CFW with snowbreeze for 4.2 or 4.1,it installs but it wont boot,also i get a itunes error and i used recboot to kick it from recovery,but still no use
any options please ?

I bricked my old 3G on 6.15.00 for fun just to see if I could fix it, and even though my situation was a little different than yours, what I did was:

1. Download the IPSW for the firmware you're currently running. Plug your phone into iTunes and then Shift+click on Restore and choose your current IPSW.

2. Allow it to restore. The restore will fail.

3. Download the 4.1 IPSW. Put your iPhone into DFU mode and then shift+click restore and choose the 4.1 IPSW. The phone should restore correctly but display a 1015 error at the end.

4. Download iReb and use it to resolve the 1015 error. The phone should be fine after.

5. Activate, jailbreak with redsn0w, run ultrasn0w and you should be good to go.

Some of the first steps may be unnecessary but this worked for me so give it a shot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.