Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
So iv'e seen that through airport and turning internet sharing on, you can share the ethernet connection on your computer and give out wifi. I did this on my mac running 10.4.11 and the network shows up on my ipod touch 2g, but when i choose the network, it says, "unable to join network". Also, I tried putting a password on it to see if for someone reason maybe I could connect if i made a password but time after time when I typed the correct password in on my touch it said "incorrect password". I know I could just go get a wireless router but I really want to get this to work. Any ideas? does internet sharing from a mac runnning tiger 10.4.11 even work on a touch? please help! thanks in advance!

LeighAnna Jones

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
I specialize in the iTouches.

Maybe you should ask someone in the MacBook section; they might have more info for you.

The people that hang out the most in a certain area of the forums usually know more about it then the other things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.