Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:56 AM   #1
CamCracker
macrumors newbie

How to run/install iPhone/iPod Touch apps on Mac or PC?

I have been searching for a way to run my ipa files for my iPod touch on my mac (with windows 7 and snow leopard). I know about the iPhone SDK simulator, but you need the source code for every app and that's too much to deal with. Is there an emulator that will let me use iPod Touch apps on my computer?

note: Not remote VNC. I want to have my ipod turned off and I want my windows or osx to be running the app and to be able to save a file from the emulator to my computer, like editing photos from my computer, and then save them on my computer, if that's possible, just let me know what's available. Thanks.
CamCracker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:30 PM   #2
old-wiz
macrumors 604

Your only choice is the iPhone SDK and the source code. The iPhone apps distributed as .ipa files are not even coded in Intel, so you would need not only a hardware emulator but also an emulator for the base IOS code.
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help