Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kauai

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
So for the first time today I noticed something that made me jump for joy: An airplay icon on crunchyroll! I promptly ran to check it out (I just got my ATV today) and was sadly let down. I can only get the sound to work. Now, I suppose this is to be expected if it just came out...but for the sake of confirmation anyone want to try it out and see if I'm just doing something wrong? :D

kuwisdelu

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
So for the first time today I noticed something that made me jump for joy: An airplay icon on crunchyroll! I promptly ran to check it out (I just got my ATV today) and was sadly let down. I can only get the sound to work. Now, I suppose this is to be expected if it just came out...but for the sake of confirmation anyone want to try it out and see if I'm just doing something wrong? :D

iOS 4.2 only supports audio AirPlay for 3rd party apps.

At the moment, video AirPlay support has appeared in the iOS 4.3 developer builds, so it may be possible when 4.3 comes out. It'll be up to the developer to implement it, though, so it depends if Crunchyroll wants to let us Airplay their anime or not. Cross your fingers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.