Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dogbiskit2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Both apps are on sale for $9.99 and I'm thinking of buying. Does anyone know if there's any reason to go with the iPad only version rather than the iPhone + iPad version? From the description, it sounds like there wouldn't be from a functionality standpoint, but wasn't sure if there were any other differences.

Thanks in advance! :)

OmegaRed1723

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
The Waste
I bought iTeleport at full price and have definitely gotten my money's worth out of it. Jaadu will work on both devices, meaning you won't have to pay for a second app. iTeleoprt charges separately for each version of the app.

iTeleport has a handy feature that allows you to sign in remotely using a gmail account, so you don't have to worry about having a static IP the computer you're VNC-ing into.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Both apps are on sale for $9.99 and I'm thinking of buying. Does anyone know if there's any reason to go with the iPad only version rather than the iPhone + iPad version? From the description, it sounds like there wouldn't be from a functionality standpoint, but wasn't sure if there were any other differences.

Thanks in advance! :)

Unless something really weird happened with my phone/iPad, they are the same thing. I originally only bought Jaadu (the phone only version) for my iPhone (didn't have the iPad at the time and the universal app wasn't even out yet), but when the "universal" app (one app that works on both iPhone and iPad), I also got the iTeleport app for my iPad for no additional charge. And at that time, the "Jaadu" app on my iPhone was renamed "iTeleport" after the in iTunes update. It might just be a quirk with the way the app store is listing them (might be somehow duplicating the listing).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.