Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:32 PM   #1
adamseese
macrumors newbie

IPhone 3GS screen goes black

Ive had my iphone 3gs since about late July and recently it has been randomly going black and nothing i do, whether it be hit the unlock button or the home button, will get it to respond. I have to reset the iphone by holding the home and unlock button and Im afraid that its damaging my phone. Ive already had to restore my phone once and don't want to do it again, do you think I should take it in to Apple store to get it checked out or try and get a new one?
adamseese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamseese View Post
Ive had my iphone 3gs since about late July and recently it has been randomly going black and nothing i do, whether it be hit the unlock button or the home button, will get it to respond. I have to reset the iphone by holding the home and unlock button and Im afraid that its damaging my phone. Ive already had to restore my phone once and don't want to do it again, do you think I should take it in to Apple store to get it checked out or try and get a new one?
I'm not sure why you would just buy a new phone when you can get yours repaired, but yes, a visit to the Apple store should work it out.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:30 AM   #3
iceterminal
macrumors 68000

If it is still covered by Apple via AppleCare or another insurance, I would have it replaced or repaired. Restoring it most likely won't fix this issue.

If its not covered then you could do one of a few things.
1. Go get a new phone from Apple.
2. Suck it up until the next version of the iPhone comes out.
3. Go buy a cheap replacement and use it until the next iPhone comes out.
4. Cry.
5. Switch to Verizon?

The only worth these items have is the one you give them.
iceterminal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone