Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jan 22, 2011, 04:06 PM   #1
LoLife
macrumors regular

Iphone 4 volume and ringer switch not working

I posted this in the hacks sections because my phone is jailbroke and i was wondering if anyone around here could help me. I figure you guys would have more experience than the people in the non jailbreak section.
Anyway, a couple of days ago I noticed that my phone wouldn't ring when someone called me. I tried to turn up the volume and noticed that my buttons don't work either. I had bitesms so I would use them to compose messages in the lock screen and that won't work. I tested my speakers out and they work fine when playing music or anything. I checked all my setting all my volume is turned up and everything but no noise. No noise when someone calls, no keyboard clicks, no lock sound. I switch the ringer switch and no vibrate no nothing. It's like my phone doesn't even read the buttons or the switch.
So my question is is there a fix? Could this be jailbreak related? (I deleted almost everything in cydia trying each program one by one and nothing) Or do you think this is hardware related? I haven't restored my phone quiet yet hoping to find a fix on here before doing that, although that is my next step. Anyways thanks much in advance, I have tried to google this and Mrgoogle it and nothing. Thanks for all your help and everything you guys do.
Iphone 4, 4.0
LoLife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2011, 04:26 PM   #2
labman
macrumors 604

srry sounds like a trip to Apple to me. if it's a hardware issue they will swap your phone. no telling what IOS or baseband you will get back. good luck.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks