Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChinaAzzi

macrumors regular
Original poster
\I have a number of skype friends living in Canada, Europe and the USA who want to buy some iPhone 4 bumper cases. Some for their own use and some want to buy a small number of cases to sell online. I was told about one site and saw another here in the forum. Both are in China and both offer buying cases like bumper at a very good price and both allow people to buy 1 at a time. The big question is which one can I recommend to my friends. Have any of you had experience buying from SW-Box or NoNameChina or do you know of some other sites which allow you to buy as little as 1 case at a time at a very good price. I looked at both sites, SW-Box has a lot of products but not a lot about the people behind it whereas NoNameChina seems to have a good history with some major companies like iSkin, Griffin, Case-Mate etc. I will phone them on Monday to get some more information if they have someone to talk to over the Chinese holidays. I would really appreciate to read your personal experience.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I've made two orders to swbox and they both arrived speedily. First came in two weeks without tracking. Second order came in one week with fedex tracking.

I ordered 3 of their apple bumper replicas, and I actually like them better than my black apple bumper. The black bumper with transparent sides is really unique looking. Some people in these forums had problems with the volume buttons falling off of these bumpers. The one I bought for my girlfriend (white with translucent blue sides) had a button come off, but a spot of superglue and looks good as new. They're an amazing deal for less than $5.

However I've ditched bumpers completely and threw on the carbon fiber sticker set I bought from swbox for $2.30. It's absolutely fantastic, and I'm considering ordering more of their sticker sets. I've been using this one for 3 weeks now and it still looks great.

So yeah, IMO swbox is awesome. I'll be ordering from them again. I ordered 3 cases for my brother's 3GS, and those were all of great quality as well. And they cost a mere fraction of what you'd pay for a name brand.

Last edited:

ChinaAzzi

macrumors regular
Original poster
I've made two orders to swbox and they both arrived speedily. First came in two weeks without tracking. Second order came in one week with fedex tracking.

Thank you for your information. The package you received without tracking concerns me, I don’t want my friends to be wondering where their orders are. You can track and trace your order on the other site and they charge about $5.50 to send a case which seems to be reasonable. Of course the question is how long will it take to arrive. How large was your order to get Fedex, did you have the option to select Fedex and how much did you have to pay extra to get Fedex?

I just got off the phone with both companies. SW Box has a Chinese girl answering the phone and she told me that most products are shipped out by EMS or Hong Kong Registered air mail. EMS is a bit more expensive than Hong Kong Registered mail. She was not totally sure if they could be tracked like Fedex. She then told me that if I wanted to use Fedex it would cost me much more,. NonameChina had a foreigner answering the phone and he told me that the bumpers would be sent by Swiss Post which you can track just like DHL and if my order was over $100 they would send it out for free by DHL. NNC shipping was a bit less expensive than SWB.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChinaAzzi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Can you link me to nonamechina's website?

You will find it here nonamechina

I had an interesting afternoon. I asked each of them if I could pick up a bumper at their office. swbox is in Futian which is about 30 mins from where I was having coffee. The girl said she needed to check. I waited but no reply came. I then called noname again and they sent their driver to the Starbucks I was having coffee in. I was shown around their building and had a nice chat. I bought a bumper which I don't really need but I will give that to a friend in Hong Kong. But what I did want was a key board skin for my new MacBook Air, that cost me less than$2.50.

Last edited:

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
You will find it here nonamechina

I had an interesting afternoon. I asked each of them if I could pick up a bumper at their office. swbox is in Futian which is about 30 mins from where I was having coffee. The girl said she needed to check. I waited but no reply came. I then called noname again and they sent their driver to the Starbucks I was having coffee in. I was shown around their building and had a nice chat. I bought a bumper which I don't really need but I will give that to a friend in Hong Kong. But what I did want was a key board skin for my new MacBook Air, that cost me less than$2.50.

Wow that's really an awesome story. Surprising though that you were comfortable getting in a car with a stranger! So you'd recommend doing business with swbox?

ChinaAzzi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Wow that's really an awesome story. Surprising though that you were comfortable getting in a car with a stranger! So you'd recommend doing business with swbox?

It was their company car both safe and comfortable. Years ago it was very dangerous in China. If you wanted to go to a city and not use a bus that had no air conditioning, hard seats and chickens you would hire a car. The driver would find 3 to 4 other people to share the car and drive all of you to that city. A 3 hour ride would cost you about 100RMB. There are many stories of Chinese and foreigner getting getting robbed. Some drivers would put their gang into the same car with you. When I look back I was very lucky. I could tell you a lot of things about China. Today there are nearly 50,000 foreigners in Shenzhen. Those that cannot get jobs in their country come here to teach English which I think make up the majority of foreigners. Then you have professionals coming under contract to work oil, or Walmart, IKEA, MacDonalds, Kentucky etc. and a small number of businessmen who mainly source products for clients overseas. There is a young fellow who sourced alluminum cooking paper and sold it to a German chain of stores and made 2,000,000 ero. Not bad for a weeks work.

From the comments here SW seems to be ok but I personally have not meet them. I've tried twice with no luck. :)

Does nonamechina provide free shipping to the U.S ?

Looking at the prices they sell for I don't see how they can on an individual item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.