Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
This thread was created to compare the two for future buyers who need help. If you have anything else please add it! I'll start. The wrapsol is harder to apply as it is a dry body shield, it is thicker so most cases won't fit it, none of my current cases fitted it, and it feels rubberized. The good though is that your device is more protected and there isn't such an orange peel. Now time for zagg. The zagg is a wet apply so for me it is easier to apply. How ever the screen protector gets a lot more finger prints, isn't as thick, and has a huge orange peel effect! Please add you opinion.

prenn

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2011
This thread was created to compare the two for future buyers who need help. If you have anything else please add it! I'll start. The wrapsol is harder to apply as it is a dry body shield, it is thicker so most cases won't fit it, none of my current cases fitted it, and it feels rubberized. The good though is that your device is more protected and there isn't such an orange peel. Now time for zagg. The zagg is a wet apply so for me it is easier to apply. How ever the screen protector gets a lot more finger prints, isn't as thick, and has a huge orange peel effect! Please add you opinion.

you can wet apply the wrapsol ultra also

Bonsai1214

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Penfield, NY
i'm not a big fan of the zagg. my friend has it on his ipod touch, and it kinda sucks... the wrapsol on my iphone though is rather nice. i just wish i had used the wet install initially. if you do it right, it'll look like it isn't there. i might use the warranty and get a new one because there are some lasting marks on the inside of the covering.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
I did a wet install on my wrapsol and it came out perfect. And I definitely prefer wrapsol over zagg, a bit thicker though and way more clear IMO, can't even tell it's there.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Wrapsol wet install, clearer but a bit thicker easy install good customer service.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
wait so u guys are saying that the Wrapol Ultra that does not come with a spray bottle, you can use your own solution and install it ? Does it still stick well even thought its not promoted as a wet install

Loves2spoon

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2010
California
When doing a wet install how do you ensure that you don't get solution in your earpiece? I don't want water under my screen. Would alcohol in a spray bottle be a better solution that soap/water?

Austin M.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Washington
When doing a wet install how do you ensure that you don't get solution in your earpiece? I don't want water under my screen. Would alcohol in a spray bottle be a better solution that soap/water?

I've always stuck a piece of small cloth so that if liquid were to go out, it would soak into the cloth.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
so if i have a wrapsol coming this week should i wait or just get a zagg put on ?

Anyone thats using the full skin do you also use a case ?

Bonsai1214

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Penfield, NY
I do not use a case with my wrapsol ultra. part of the reason i went with the ultra is because it protects the phone and keeps its original form factor. as for the front, the amount of liquid you need is very little, but always always always make sure you have towels (plural) handy. if you really want, you can put a small piece of paper towel over the ear piece to soak up any water that leaks. the sides you can do dry, but the front and back should be done wet for optimal results.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
ok so im going to try some liquid with the ultra and see how it goes.
thanks

Loves2spoon

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2010
California
When I installed my PS screen protectors I used a wet install just water no soap. When I got an anti-glare in the mail I thought I would try a little soap and it went on better but water got under my screen!

I know I can get the skins on perfect but scared to put it near water again. I'll try the small towel in the ear piece. aye aye aye! :eek:

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
I do not use a case with my wrapsol ultra. part of the reason i went with the ultra is because it protects the phone and keeps its original form factor. as for the front, the amount of liquid you need is very little, but always always always make sure you have towels (plural) handy. if you really want, you can put a small piece of paper towel over the ear piece to soak up any water that leaks. the sides you can do dry, but the front and back should be done wet for optimal results.

Agreed 100%!

wfriction

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2011
What about the Best Skins Ever?
I have one of those, and it works great - not much of an orange peel effect and I love the grip it gives to the phone.

planetwave2000

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2010
Rye, NY
Wrapsol is the way to go. I've installed it on my iPod touch, MBA & MBP. No shiny glares or fingerprints. It's awesome. My wife have invisible shield installed on her iPhone 4, the phone looks like a demo in the apple store due to a lot of finger prints (especially when my daughter plays angry birds). I think my wife wipes her iphone at least 20 times a day or after she use it.

As I told my wife before to get the wrapsol, she said she can't wait because we have to order it online. So, she bought zagg in the mall instead.

Now, she wanted wrapsol to be installed on her iphone. She sees our macbooks & my ipod touch looks cleaner & no visible fingerprints all the time. Also, I guess a little bit of "making fun" of her phone for being dirty worked well accompanied by "evil laugh" :D.

Zagg is okay but IMO i preffer wrapsol. I hope this helps you with your decision.

nwtedshred

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
I installed the wet wrapsol on my iPh4 back in June. I just used the front & back. It's still in great shape.

Fingerprints clean off easily w/ the microfiber wipe they supply. No bubbling or orangepeel. Thin enough that the phone still fits in my Griffin Reveal case. I like having the case around it for extra protection. My 2 boys (7 & 4 yrs.) get a hold of it, so the extra padding adds some peace of mind when the phone is intheir hands.

I'd definitely recommend the wet wrapsol. Their install video makes it easy to perform a clean install. Not too much solution, easy to add more, a pain to clean up excess.

herruberraschen

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011
Looks like I'm going to be installing Wrapsol in the next two weeks after all these positive posts. So it is best applied wet but doesn't come with the solution?
Anybody ever dropped your iPhone with Wrapsol on it?

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
im going to take off my zagg and put on the wrapsol ultra today, im just wondering if i use the solution do i spray the entire shield first like you do for a zagg ?

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Looks like I'm going to be installing Wrapsol in the next two weeks after all these positive posts. So it is best applied wet but doesn't come with the solution?
Anybody ever dropped your iPhone with Wrapsol on it?

Yes sad to say, I've dropped it with a full body wrapsol when I was out, fell right onto the back screen and luckily nothing happened. Heres some more info and some pics on Wrapsol Ultra.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1067043/

im going to take off my zagg and put on the wrapsol ultra today, im just wondering if i use the solution do i spray the entire shield first like you do for a zagg ?

Yes, same way.

Wowzera

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Brazil
I am looking into buying a shield for my iPhone 4. Very interesting topic. Some questions:

Will an apple bumper still fit the iphone with wrapsol ultra or any other shield?

Which one you recommend for the lcd screen? I've heard that there's some with orangepeel and that they decrease the quality of the retina display.
Probably all of them will decrease the quality of the retina display, but what is the one that decreases less?

What about PowerSupport? How does it compare with Wrapsol?

From what I've seen Wrapsol Ultra is the best shield for iPhone 4, along with PowerSupport.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.