Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:30 PM   #1
aduteau
macrumors 6502

Ibook store outside USA = poor selection ?

Im from Canada ... And omg the ibook store selection is really poor for titles selection ... Is the ibook store in the USA as cheap in selection of good titles as over here ??

The store is nowhere near the kindle store selection ....
aduteau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:29 AM   #2
richpjr
macrumors 68000

The selection in the US sucks as well. I just stick with the Kindle App and books.
richpjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 06:57 AM   #3
nwcs
macrumors 6502a

It's marginal. The big problem with iBookstore is that if you don't know what you're looking for it's a royal pain to just browse. Like if I want to look at all photography books I am out of luck. Most of the time you just have to do some searches and you sometimes get lucky. But if you're browsing then you only see a small number. I've purchased a few but I've been thinking of kindle, too.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:43 AM   #4
aduteau
macrumors 6502

Can anyone tell me if the US ibook store has the Wheel of time series ... ?
Any of the Sword of truth series ?

I am a big fan of fantasy novels ... and in our Canadian store we have close to nothing in regards to good series or Authors in this genre ...

I would gladly go with the Kindle app and purchase them there ... but I really like the iBook app interface better then the Kindles

Also are the prices in the ibook store better, equal or worst then the kindle store ?

Should I jump ships in eBook Apps ?
aduteau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:22 PM   #5
eXistance360
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aduteau View Post
Can anyone tell me if the US ibook store has the Wheel of time series ... ?
Any of the Sword of truth series ?

I am a big fan of fantasy novels ... and in our Canadian store we have close to nothing in regards to good series or Authors in this genre ...

I would gladly go with the Kindle app and purchase them there ... but I really like the iBook app interface better then the Kindles

Also are the prices in the ibook store better, equal or worst then the kindle store ?

Should I jump ships in eBook Apps ?
you can view the kindle store online at amazon.com

check it out for yourself, see if theres what you want and what the prices are
eXistance360 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:28 PM   #6
RaceTripper
macrumors 68030

I gave up on the iBook store 6 months ago. I mostly use iBook for epubs and pdfs I've gotten elsewhere. Even that isn't so great because the iBook app is pretty sluggish. The Kindle app is much more responsive. Now I'm getting mobi versions of my epubs and installing them in the Kindle app.

The iBook app and store needs lots of work.

Last edited by RaceTripper; Jan 26, 2011 at 12:34 PM.
RaceTripper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps