Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattydee87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
Can anyone confirm you can return a CTO MacBook Air for a full refund if not opened? Specifically in the UK if possible. I know it didn't used to be the case but according to http://store.apple.com/uk/help/returns_refund?mco=MTM3NDgzMzg it seems you can now and I just want to double check.

That page says you can return CTO orders but when I click return from my order status it says Apple does not allow returns on this item. Slightly confusing. I guess I will have to ring them up tomorrow.

Last edited:

PurpleMarmalade

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
Yes, you can get a refund. Contact customer service. From their terms and conditions:

7.1Right to withdraw from the contract. If you are not satisfied with any Product or the terms of any entitlement to Services you have purchased from us, you may return the Product to us or cancel the entitlement to Services and obtain a refund of the price of the returned Product or Service entitlement if you contact us within 14 Calendar Days of delivery of the Product or entering into the contract for the purchase of Services.

7.2 Exceptions to the right to withdraw from the contract. (i) Products. You may not return a Product and claim a refund if the Product concerned is: a) Software which we supplied to you sealed and unused and you have broken the seal or which you have successfully downloaded from the AppleStore website; or b) a personalized product such as iPod or iPad with an engraving made in accordance with your specifications. (ii) Services. You may not obtain a refund for a Service if you have commenced use of the Service.

7.3 Conditions to exercise the right to withdraw from the contract. You can exercise your right to return the Product to us or cancel the entitlement to Services and obtain a refund of the price of the returned Product or Service entitlement provided: (i) You inform us of your decision to cancel the contract within 14 Calendar Days of delivery of the Product or the date you purchased the Services; and (ii) The Product(s) are returned in their original condition and the security seals on the Product(s) are intact; and (iii) The Product(s) are returned in accordance with the procedure described in paragraph 7.4 below. Please note that while the Product(s) remain in your possession you are under a duty to ensure that the Product(s) are kept safe and secure.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Can anyone confirm you can return a CTO MacBook Air for a full refund if not opened? Specifically in the UK if possible. I know it didn't used to be the case but according to http://store.apple.com/uk/help/returns_refund?mco=MTM3NDgzMzg it seems you can now and I just want to double check.

That page says you can return CTO orders but when I click return from my order status it says Apple does not allow returns on this item. Slightly confusing. I guess I will have to ring them up tomorrow.

The statement that says "not eligible for return" (or something to that effect) simply means you can't process the return online, you have to call and request the RMA.

I returned an open-box CTO last week, they even sent me a pre-paid label and waived the restocking fee.

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If it's within 14 days you'll be fine.

mattydee87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
Thanks guys, much appreciated for your input. Made the silly mistake of ordering the base 11" model with 4GB ram and 64GB SSD and then realised 64Gb just ain't gonna be enough for my needs so need the 128GB one instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.