Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:18 AM   #1
nrweaver
macrumors member

How many install of Mac app store

Hi I have been searching for an answer for this question for a while now and I cannot seem to get an correct answer.

In the mac app store how can I tell how many computers I can install an application on.

For example I want to buy pixelmator. I have a macbook pro, imac and macbook air. Can I install it on all 3 or just one.

Also how can I know this before I buy a program so I can put it on the computer I will would choose for it to be on?
iPad Mini 32GB, Verizon+Wifi;
nrweaver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:36 AM   #2
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

I believe, that as long as they are all using the same iTunes account, you can install it on all of them.
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:48 AM   #3
davids8477
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrweaver View Post
Hi I have been searching for an answer for this question for a while now and I cannot seem to get an correct answer.

In the mac app store how can I tell how many computers I can install an application on.

For example I want to buy pixelmator. I have a macbook pro, imac and macbook air. Can I install it on all 3 or just one.

Also how can I know this before I buy a program so I can put it on the computer I will would choose for it to be on?
Since you can authorize up to 5 computers with you Itunes account, that would be the limit
I guess.
davids8477 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:51 AM   #4
ECUpirate44
Banned

Just like a song or app on iTunes, you can "authorize" your account on up to 5 computers. As long as all 3 of your macs are using the same account, you should be able to download it on all 3.
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:52 AM   #5
macbookairman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonGlitch View Post
I believe, that as long as they are all using the same iTunes account, you can install it on all of them.
That is correct. You can install apps from the Mac app store on unlimited computers. You'll just have to make sure you are signed in to your iTunes account.

When you made your first purchase, the terms and conditions page says this "You may download and use an application from the Mac App Store for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X that you own or control."

Last edited by macbookairman; Jan 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: More info
macbookairman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:53 AM   #6
iPhoneCollector
Banned

you can install it to an unlimited amount of computers
iPhoneCollector is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 02:30 PM   #7
nrweaver
macrumors member

ok that is cool,

Thanks for all the replies