Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:07 PM   #1
ZilogZ80
macrumors 6502a

signing documents

Just curious to know if anyone is using their iPad to sign contracts/documents and if so what apps they use? I basically just generate delivery notes on my Mac and then I want to get people to sign for them on my iPad when they collect or I drop off their stuff.

I have been trialling a few apps since last week and these are my thoughts: There are a few dedicated signing apps (including one that seems to want you to buy in-app credits for every document signed - no thanks!!) but they seem to have stability or interface problems so I have discounted them.
Currently using DropBox to sync documents between computer/iPad then iAnnotate on my iPad to take the signature. This works great but not being a dedicated signing app it is a bit clunky to use.
The author of my favourite note-taking app (Notes Plus) is apparently working on a PDF annotation feature, as well as dropbox/evernote integration so I am excited to see if this app will become suitable.
ZilogZ80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:31 PM   #2
maflynn

Personally, I would not sign any contract on an iPad.

When I have signed contracts, I always got a copy of the signed documents. I lose that audit trail when dealing electronic forms. The last thing I want to increase the risk of legal entanglements or contract issues related to having an electronic only contract.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:54 PM   #3
ZilogZ80
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
Personally, I would not sign any contract on an iPad.

When I have signed contracts, I always got a copy of the signed documents. I lose that audit trail when dealing electronic forms. The last thing I want to increase the risk of legal entanglements or contract issues related to having an electronic only contract.
I can appreciate that. I doubt my delivery notes are legally watertight though & they probably wouldn't stand up in court that is not their purpose anyway. I just need a record of who took delivery of what, and at which time. Like when you get a delivery from FedEx and you scribble unintelligibly on their Psion datapad or whatever.
ZilogZ80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps