Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZilogZ80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Just curious to know if anyone is using their iPad to sign contracts/documents and if so what apps they use? I basically just generate delivery notes on my Mac and then I want to get people to sign for them on my iPad when they collect or I drop off their stuff.

I have been trialling a few apps since last week and these are my thoughts: There are a few dedicated signing apps (including one that seems to want you to buy in-app credits for every document signed - no thanks!!) but they seem to have stability or interface problems so I have discounted them.
Currently using DropBox to sync documents between computer/iPad then iAnnotate on my iPad to take the signature. This works great but not being a dedicated signing app it is a bit clunky to use.
The author of my favourite note-taking app (Notes Plus) is apparently working on a PDF annotation feature, as well as dropbox/evernote integration so I am excited to see if this app will become suitable.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Personally, I would not sign any contract on an iPad.

When I have signed contracts, I always got a copy of the signed documents. I lose that audit trail when dealing electronic forms. The last thing I want to increase the risk of legal entanglements or contract issues related to having an electronic only contract.

ZilogZ80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Personally, I would not sign any contract on an iPad.

When I have signed contracts, I always got a copy of the signed documents. I lose that audit trail when dealing electronic forms. The last thing I want to increase the risk of legal entanglements or contract issues related to having an electronic only contract.
I can appreciate that. I doubt my delivery notes are legally watertight though & they probably wouldn't stand up in court :D that is not their purpose anyway. I just need a record of who took delivery of what, and at which time. Like when you get a delivery from FedEx and you scribble unintelligibly on their Psion datapad or whatever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.