Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kc27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Does anyone know the SAR rating is for the 4g 32mb The iPod Touch?

Below is all I could find in the Important Product Information Guide. It sounds reasonable enough, but I would like to know the SAR rating.

iPod touch contains radio transmitters and receivers. When on, iPod touch receives and sends out radio frequency (RF) energy through its antenna. The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® antenna is located near the front upper
left corner of iPod touch as you hold the end containing the dock connector facing down. iPod touch is designed and manufactured to comply with the limits for exposure to RF energy set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of the United States, Industry Canada (IC) of Canada, and regulating entities of Japan, the European Union, and other countries. The exposure standard employs a unit of measurement known as the specific absorption rate, or SAR.iPod touch has been tested as a body-worn device, and meets the SAR exposure requirements for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth operation.

iPod touch has been tested as a body-worn device, and meets the SAR exposure requirements for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth operation.

If you are still concerned about exposure to RF energy, you can limit your exposure by limiting the amount of time using iPod touch in wireless mode, since time is a factor in how much exposure a person receives, and by placing more distance between your body and iPod touch, since exposure level drops off dramatically with distance.

Additional Information  For more information from the US FCC about exposure to RF energy, see: http://www.fcc.gov/oet/rfsafety

For information about the scientific research related to RF energy exposure, see the EMF Research Database maintained by the World Health Organization at: http://www.who.int/peh-emf/research/database

lanulos

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
I think only cell phones have SAR ratings. They operate at higher frequencies and much higher power than WiFi devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.