Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walterwhite

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
South Central PA
Between seeing these as a Genius, and now seeing a lot of them in the Educational arena... they really are just a terrible knock off. I have had nothing but bad experiences with these... anyone else have bad/good experiences with these?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 113

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
Between seeing these as a Genius, and now seeing a lot of them in the Educational arena... they really are just a terrible knock off. I have had nothing but bad experiences with these... anyone else have bad/good experiences with these?

Anyone who buys knock off power adapters are asking for trouble. I only purchase mine from either Apple or from a trusted third party (NewerTech). Anything that isnt made by either of those 2 seems to be shoddy in my experience. (IT Support for Students who buy these and then are surprised that they die)

visim91

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011

Whatever you say, Heisenberg.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I would never trust or recommend an adapter or battery that didn't come from Apple. Too many have reported problems with knock-offs. It's not worth risking your Mac to unproven devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.