Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I welcome your comparisons between StreamToMe and Zumocast for music streaming over wifi and 3g. I'm not interested in the video aspect of these apps as I'm very satisfied with AirVideo.

I've been using Zumocast for a couple of months now and have been pretty happy with it over both wifi and 3g. I'm curious about StreamToMe but am hesitant to try it out. One thing I don't really care for with zumocast is music doesn't automatically start again after a call is received/ended.

Please share you comments. Thanks!

purplesaber

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2008
I tried both, but the best app for streaming music (in my opinion) is Audiogalaxy. Nice UI and very stable over wifi and 3G. Try it out -- it's free.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I tried both, but the best app for streaming music (in my opinion) is Audiogalaxy. Nice UI and very stable over wifi and 3G. Try it out -- it's free.

Thanks. I tried Audiogalaxy and you're right the UI is very nice. However, itunes playlists integration is really bad. If you have more than one version of a song with the same title by the same artist it doesn't always import the right version into the playlist. I wrote about it on their help forum and was told that "this won't be fixed in any reasonable amount of time".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.