Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTim314

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
U.S.
Second generation AppleTV, 1.5mbps internet, wired.

I've run into a problem where when attempting to play a selection from my Instant Queue, the loading wheel spins indefinitely (once, and only once, I actually got an error [111]). So, naturally, I Googled around and the general consensus was to reset the device by disconnecting the power for 15 seconds. I do so... about 25 times, I even left the thing unplugged for 30 minutes to no avail.

So, I restored to factory defaults with a fresh iOS install. Still unable to load the video. Everything else loads (lists, icons, etc.) just not the video itself.

I read about this being a widespread issue back in late November / early December, but haven't seen anything recently about it. Anyone else experiencing this, or know of a fix?

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
After receiving mine today with nearly the same exact experience the google told me to manually set dns to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 while leaving everything else the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.