Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
I have a ATV 2 currently jailbroke on the original 4.1. I am thinking of updating to 4.2.1 and going the tethered jailbreak route ,but my concern is lets say I ssh plex onto my ATV and have to killall Lowtide or I believe its killall AppleTV on 4.2.1, does that cause you to have to go through the tethered boot option or is it just when you reboot??

fabian9

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2007
Bristol, UK
:eek:
I have a ATV 2 currently jailbroke on the original 4.1. I am thinking of updating to 4.2.1 and going the tethered jailbreak route ,but my concern is lets say I ssh plex onto my ATV and have to killall Lowtide or I believe its killall AppleTV on 4.2.1, does that cause you to have to go through the tethered boot option or is it just when you reboot??

No, restarting Lowtide does not require you to tether your Apple TV. only when you reboot you have to connect it to your computer.

The tethered jailbreak on the Apple TV is much less of a problem than people make it sound.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
:eek:

No, restarting Lowtide does not require you to tether your Apple TV. only when you reboot you have to connect it to your computer.

The tethered jailbreak on the Apple TV is much less of a problem than people make it sound.

That's what I figured but better to ask sometimes. You're right, I can understand a tethered jb being difficult on a iPhone but shouldn't be too much of a hassle on atv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.