Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:49 AM   #1
xingworld
macrumors newbie

How to change a string to UPCASE or lowercase in xcode? thanks!

How to change a string to UPCASE or lowercase in xcode? thanks!
xingworld is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:00 AM   #2
dejo

Assuming you have an NSString, please read the class reference for it. There are two instance methods it has that are specifically built for what you're looking for.

P.S. And by "in Xcode", we have to assume you mean "using Objective-C". If not, you should let us know. Remember, accuracy is important, both in programming and getting help in a programming forum.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 08:40 AM   #3
xingworld
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejo View Post
Assuming you have an NSString, please read the class reference for it. There are two instance methods it has that are specifically built for what you're looking for.

P.S. And by "in Xcode", we have to assume you mean "using Objective-C". If not, you should let us know. Remember, accuracy is important, both in programming and getting help in a programming forum.
Thank you very much.
I'm sorry that I don't express my meaning accurately.
My meaning is converting a selected text to upcase or lowercase by some operation/command in Xcode IDE.
Because I have not find a way to convert selected text into upcase or lowercase in operation menu.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:02 AM   #4
balamw

By default "lowercase word" and "uppercase word" are unbound in Preferences -> Key Bindings -> Text Key Bindings. Just create a new set and bind them to something.

B
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:19 AM   #5
xingworld
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by balamw View Post
By default "lowercase word" and "uppercase word" are unbound in Preferences -> Key Bindings -> Text Key Bindings. Just create a new set and bind them to something.

B
Thank you, thank you very much. I find it and set it successfully.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming