Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jan 26, 2011, 02:31 PM   #1
TommyMacBrown
macrumors newbie

Ethernet Connection Lost

Hello.
Power Mac G5
Lost internet connection, and can't get back. I have other computers, both Mac & PC, and they are connected. I rebooted the modem and the router, as well as the computer. I switched the ethernet from one port to another on the Mac. No Luck.
Could I have inadvertently changed some setting? Clicked something I shouldn't have.\?
Thanks in advance for your help.
TommyMacBrown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Detrius
macrumors 68000

Does another computer get an internet connection on the same port of the router/switch with the same cable? Do any lights turn on when connected to the G5? That is, does the router/switch recognize that it's connected to an ethernet port?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 07:12 PM   #3
TommyMacBrown
macrumors newbie

Connections

Thanks for your reply Detrius.

the cable is connected to the modem. The modem is connected to the router. Both the PowerMac and the Dell are connected to the router. Macbook via Airport card. The Dell and the Macbook work fine. The PowerMac says it is not connected. ?
TommyMacBrown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:08 PM   #4
Detrius
macrumors 68000

What I'm saying is that it's possible that the ethernet cable or the port on the router could be bad. You need to try connecting that cable to another machine.

All I can deduce from what you've said is that your internet connection is working and that the router is configured properly. You could still have software issues on the G5, hardware issues on the G5, a bad ethernet cable, or a bad port on the router.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs