Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznattic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
Recently got my hands on a Iphone 3GS, my first smartphone ever and i loved it. My friend did the jailbreak with the Ipad 6.15 broadband update and unlocked it for me with Cydia installed. Everything worked fine. I had turned it off before, put it in DFU mode, and just boot tethered it to get it working again twice already.

Yesterday though i installed a Cydia source app for sending picture messages through tmobile. It asked me to reboot and i did. I hooked it up to the computer, used redsnow with iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore ISPW and and selected "just boot tethered for now." Upon the second stage it stays stuck on the "waiting for reboot." Ive tried on 2 computers, followed instructions on how to get out of this mode (unplug usb cable and such) with still no luck. Tried on a Mac too and it still gets stuck. We tried to go into pwned DFU mode and it doesn't do nothing either. At this point, i believe i need to restore it but i have no idea on the process of doing so. Itunes won't allow me to restore it either but i read that would be the case. The phone came with 4.2.1 before it was jailbroken/unlocked. What steps do i need to proceed with a restore? If possible, is there a way i can just reinstall Cydia and not have to restore the phone?

Thanks

adityarane

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2011
try getting a custom fimware..you cant restore via official one..when you are on 6.15...bb..or try downgrading the firmware..and see if it works..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.