Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GekiRed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Hades aka England
A couple of weeks ago, I was doing my usual syncing on my jailbroken 4G iPod Touch and for some weird reason, the iPod Touch kept disconnecting and reconnecting to my laptop while syncing.

I thought nothing more of it until I tried out some Apps and I found that some of them wouldn't work any more in that they'd go straight back to the main screen after going into them.

I've tried deleting them and reinstalling them but that doesn't seem to work at all.

I don't want to have to resort to doing a full reset and reinstall of my Apps, so I was wondering if there was any way of telling if my iPod Touch is corrupted or not so if I do have to take it to my local Apple Store in Liverpool to have it fixed, I can set it up so that it doesn't look like it's been jailbroken before taking it there.

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
A couple of weeks ago, I was doing my usual syncing on my jailbroken 4G iPod Touch and for some weird reason, the iPod Touch kept disconnecting and reconnecting to my laptop while syncing.

I thought nothing more of it until I tried out some Apps and I found that some of them wouldn't work any more in that they'd go straight back to the main screen after going into them.

I've tried deleting them and reinstalling them but that doesn't seem to work at all.

I don't want to have to resort to doing a full reset and reinstall of my Apps, so I was wondering if there was any way of telling if my iPod Touch is corrupted or not so if I do have to take it to my local Apple Store in Liverpool to have it fixed, I can set it up so that it doesn't look like it's been jailbroken before taking it there.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the problem is it being jailbroken? Try unjailbreaking it and try the apps again. Assuming they aren't apps you get through the jailbreak.

GekiRed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Hades aka England
It was working perfectly fine jailbroken before the bad sync happened. I take it that it's safe to do a backup through ifunbox before doing a reset?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.