Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coupdetat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Hey everyone,
Is there a lightweight Pandora client out there that we PPC users can run? I've found a few Intel-only ones, and a fascinating command-line program called PianoBar that seems to also require Intel. The problem is, I just got a 700 mhz iMac that fits all of my needs EXCEPT that Flash playing Pandora eats up 50% of CPU, which is just insane. I need some kind of native client that can access Pandora while bypassing Flash. Is there anything out there that might fit?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Pandora Boy and Pandora Man. Both are flash based so if you have Flash disabled, you will need to renable it. Both I think are webkit based so Click to Flash should work with them. Both are free.

PandoraJam will also do the same but will also allow you to record whatever station you are listening to if you want. PandoraJam is not free.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'll give them a try, thanks
No problem.
They may be hard to find now, I downloaded them when they were new. I'm a bit of a packrat so I tend to keep things (and I use these as well) so I have them.

If you can't find them then I put PandoraBoy and PandoraMan in an archive for you on my Dropbox. I can't include PandoraJam because that's not free, but hopefully a PowerPC copy can be found. My version of that is 2.0 (build 591).

Looks like the current PandoraJam build is still PowerPC. Here you go.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.