Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jan 27, 2011, 07:34 PM   #1
lgtw
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to lgtw
What "Easy Setup" is best for Flip Video or Canon VIXIA?

I use Final Cut Express daily. I do daily vlogs for YouTube on my Flip UltraHD Video Camera. It runs at about 720p HD at 30 FPS. However, I also use a Canon VIXIA HF M30 that runs in AVCHD that I have to convert just to get the file into Final Cut Express or to even view.

I also would like to eliminate the grainy/liney text that Final Cut Express delivers from time to time. I get it all the time when using "Outline Text" or when rotating my text.

I'll give you an example of what I mean by "grainy/liney"

I really am getting tired of seeing countless other YouTubers who use Final Cut Express or Final Cut Pro, who get WAY better looking text and video than I do.
-LGTW (:
lgtw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:46 AM   #2
jasmine84
macrumors member

Sorry, never used Final Cut so I can't help you... dunno if the 30fps has anything to do with it? Perhaps the other bloggers are using something more hardcore than a flip?
jasmine84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 07:32 AM   #3
huntercr
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgtw View Post
I use Final Cut Express daily. I do daily vlogs for YouTube on my Flip UltraHD Video Camera. It runs at about 720p HD at 30 FPS. However, I also use a Canon VIXIA HF M30 that runs in AVCHD that I have to convert just to get the file into Final Cut Express or to even view.

I also would like to eliminate the grainy/liney text that Final Cut Express delivers from time to time. I get it all the time when using "Outline Text" or when rotating my text.

I'll give you an example of what I mean by "grainy/liney"

I really am getting tired of seeing countless other YouTubers who use Final Cut Express or Final Cut Pro, who get WAY better looking text and video than I do.
I don't see anything wrong with the text in that picture, maybe you need to blow it up so emphasize the issue?

Are you using LiveType? Sounds like you're not.
huntercr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Tags
easy setup, final cut express, interlacing, mac, video